If you would like to join the cycling club in order to improve your fitness or to simply meet new people then the following information should detail the process.
- Join the Club on our weekly Sunday Spins. The Club leaves The Ballalley Car Park at 8:30am (9:00am in winter) on Sunday mornings. Riders of all abilities are welcome.
- If you are enjoying the experience then it is important that you officially join the club in order to have insurance cover in case you injure yourself or others.
- To join, see the following page and enter your details in the Cycling Ireland online portal.
- Pay your club membership fee to any committee member or drop into Buckley Cycles.
Which Group do I Join?
There are currently 3 levels catered for within the senior section of the Club.
Each group cycles at different speeds and as such a suitable degree of fitness is required for each.
- Typical Average Speed: 18 – 20 mph
- Typical Distance: 70 – 80 miles
- Rider Characteristics: Riders looking to compete in Cycling Ireland Open Racing or Midland League Racing. Riders looking to compete in Sportives or Long Distance Competition.
- Typical Average Speed: 15 – 17 mph
- Typical Distance: 60 -70 miles
- Rider Characteristics: Riders looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events. Group B suitable as a stepping stone to Group A.
- Typical Average Speed: 13 – 15 mph
- Typical Distance: 40 -60 miles
- Rider Characteristics: Beginner Cyclists looking to learn the art of Group Cycling and improve their fitness. Cyclists looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events.