If you would like to join the cycling club in order to improve your fitness or to simply meet new people then the following information should detail the process.
- Join the Club on our weekly Sunday Spins. The Club leaves The Ballalley Car Park at 8:30am (9:00am from November to March) on Sunday mornings. Riders of all abilities are welcome.
- If you are enjoying the experience then it is important that you officially join the club in order to have insurance cover in case you injure yourself or others.
- To join, see the following page and enter your details in the Cycling Ireland online portal.
- Pay your club membership fee to any committee member or drop into Buckley Cycles or Tullamore Cycle Centre (Donagh McArdle).
Limited Competition €115
Full Competition €170
Which Group do I Join?
There are currently 3 levels catered for within the senior section of the Club.
Each group cycles at different speeds and as such a suitable degree of fitness is required for each.
- Typical Average Speed: 31 kph +
- Typical Distance: 120 km +
- Rider Characteristics: Riders looking to compete in Cycling Ireland Open Racing or Midland League Racing. Riders looking to compete in Sportives or Long Distance Competition.
- Typical Average Speed: 29/30 kph
- Typical Distance: 100 km -120 km
- Rider Characteristics: Riders looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events. Group B suitable as a stepping stone to Group A.
- Typical Average Speed: 27 km to 29
- Typical Distance: 80 to 100 km
- Rider Characteristics: Riders looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events. Group B2 suitable as a stepping stone to Group B1/A.
Jim’s 50 km group
- Typical Average Speed: 20 km/h average
- Typical Distance: 30 km -50 km
- Rider Characteristics: Beginner Cyclists looking to learn the art of Group Cycling and improve their fitness. Cyclists looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events.
- Tullamore CTC for the last 2 years has encouraged cycling by introducing a couch to 50 km event at the Pat Colgan Annual Charity Cycle in August called Jim’s 50.
- From February, some cyclists who achieved this goal will continue cycling from February 2018. This group aspires to build up to a 100 km event at 25 km/h by August.
- Meeting at the Ball Alley car park, across from the Sacred Heart School at 10 am each Sunday.
Saturday Coffee Spin
- All members are welcome for a 50 km approx social cycle every Saturday from the Ball Alley car park at 10am
- Bring a few euro for coffee and pastry stop (normally after 25km)
- Typical Average Speed: 24 km-26 km
- Typical Distance: 50 km
- Rider Characteristics: All members including beginners
Tuesday and Thursday spins
- Evening spins starting soon