New group starting every Sunday at 10 am from the Ball Alley
Jim’s 50 km group return to conquer 100 km!
- Tullamore CTC for the last 2 years has encouraged cycling by introducing a couch to 50 km event at the Pat Colgan Annual Charity Cycle in August called Jim’s 50.
- From February, some of these enthusiastic cyclists who achieved this goal, will continue to improve . This group aspires to build up to a 100 km event at 25 km/h by August.
- Meeting at the Ball Alley car park, across from the Sacred Heart School at 10 am each Sunday from February 2018
- Typical Average Speed: 20 km/h average
- Typical Distance: 30 km -50 km for February to June
- Rider Characteristics: Beginner/ Improver Cyclists looking to learn the art of Group Cycling and improve their fitness. Cyclists looking to cycle in Sportives and Leisure Cycling Events.
- Watch here for more news and updates!!!
Membership is now due
You can pay online on www.cyclingireland.ie
or you can hand it into Buckley cycles or Donagh’s Tullamore Cycle Centre.
Limited Competition 115euro
Full Competition 170euro
Current Members please ensure your membership is up to date to ensure you can cycle with the club. If your membership is not active, you are not insured to cycle with the groups.
Hoping for many safe KMs in 2018,
2017 EVENT REGISTRATION CLOSED
Tullamore Cycling and Touring Club in association with the Irish Kidney Association are delighted to welcome all cyclists to partake in the 2017 edition of the Pat Colgan Charity Cycle. The cycle takes place on August 27th 2017.
Sign-On is located at The Harriers Athletic Grounds in Spollenstown and will open at 8:00am. Parking, shower and changing facilities are availabe at The Harriers. Tea/Coffee is available on arrival.
125km – 4 Peaks Ultimate Challenge – Rolls Out at 9:15am
95km – 2 Peaks Endurance Challenge – Rolls Out at 9:15am
85km – Base of the Blooms – Rolls Out at 9:30am
50km – Jim’s 50km Challenge – Rolls Out at 9:45am
Entrance Fee Cycling Ireland Members – € 25
Entrance Fee Non Cycling Ireland – € 30
All Online Entries will be entered into a Draw for a Signed Nicholas Roche Jersey
Free water bottle and post event BBQ for every registered cyclist. Food stop at Kinnity. Post event massages will be available. Support vehicles will be available on all routes.
Watch Event Preview Video
4 Peak Pat Colgan Challenge – 125 km
This route will take in all 3 peaks of the Slieve Blooms including The Cut (x2), The Wolftrap and Glendine. This route includes around 1,600 metres of climbing so is not for the faint hearted.
2 Peaks Pat Colgan Challenge – 95 km
This route will climb The Cut and The Wolftrap before returning to Tullamore across some scenic quite roads. This route includes 1,000 metres of climbing.
Base of the Blooms Challenge – 85km
This route skirts around the base of the Slieve Blooms and avoids all the major climbs before returning along the same roads as the 95km cycle. It still contains 400 metres of climbing across some rolling terrain.
Jim’s 50km Challenge
Back by popular demand Jim’s 50km Challenge is the perfect route for beginners. The route takes riders from Tullamore to Kinnity via rolling roads which follow the route around the base of the Slieve Blooms. After the tea stop in Kinnity riders return directly to Tullamore via Cadamstown and Coolagh Cross.
SUPPORT THE IRISH KIDNEY ASSOCIATION
TULLAMORE IS A SHORT DISTANCE FROM YOU, COME TO THE MIDLANDS AND BE SURPRISED……